Tuesday, June 20, 2000

My Inanimate friend

The tree still remembers me From a time I try to forget Its rustling and sway greets me again Inquisitive on where I’d been Memories flashback and it wants to know Why is it I’m lonely and low The heart etched on its bark calls out Its not seen me from years ago Things have changed, but I’ve remained the same Others take shade, where once I’d been Though I’ve grown, my heart’ been left behind Safely on the tree, who knew my partner in life My inanimate friend still remembers me Silently reminding me of times that had been The only witness to my secret rendezvous Where Sweet nothings beneath the boughs said Her giggle and tears still caught in the leaves of time As I relive my past without her by my side Before long the tree will forget Time will move on, but will I forget too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home