Friday, May 19, 2000

The New Leaf

As I turned to him once more Still awaiting my return was he Through eyes with a sparkle like a baby’s eyes Awaiting the return of the prodigal son Hurt him, I did Running away from him For his way looked uninteresting For the materialistic lust beckoned me Cremating the spiritual being in me to dust As the materialistic devil like a phoenix arose Destroying the soul bit by bit Unlearning the spirituality of past lives Everyone wants to be a new leaf Withered off from the branch that’s corrupt But does the guilt leave me alone As the fight for spirituality never ends Promise him, I do Never to hurt him again A promise that’s going to be hard to keep As the urge to be a new leaf strengthening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home